[XML-SIG] Likely Newbie Problem

15 Mar 2000 11:32:20 +0100

* Jeremy J. Sydik

| The problem is, I KNOW i'm pulling part of another tree, but the
| second contains information to pull into the first

The problem is that the DOM L1 doesn't have any standardized way of
doing this (as far as I can see).  DOM L2 does, through
Document.importNode, but PyDOM doesn't support that.

Possible solutions:

  - make a function that creates a copy of the node with a different
    owner document (something like copy_to(document, node))

  - do a direct assignment to node._document (ouch!)

  - implement Document.importNode yourself from the information in
    patch here

  - use 4DOM?

--Lars M.