[XML-SIG] javadom.py

THOMAS PASSIN tpassin@idsonline.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:45:38 -0500

Lars Marius Garshol wrote:

> While working on the DOM description in the book mentioned in the
> previous email it occurred to me that perhaps the XML-SIG package
> should include a module for using a Java DOM through a 4DOM/PyDOM-like
> interface under JPython.

Great idea, Lars.  I keep telling people that one additional benefit of
Python is that you can use JPython with a lot of existing java code.  Some
real working examples would be very useful.

> I've started working on something along those lines. Is there any
> interest in it? Should it go into the XML-SIG package? If you think so
> I can check it in. (Where? xml/dom/javadom.py?)

Makes sense to me.  I'd call the path xml/java/dom/... though.  Then
xml/java/ could be a home for non-dom java stuff like utilities, too.

Regards,

Tom Passin