[XML-SIG] A first attempt at a SAX 2.0 draft

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 09:49:10 -0500 (EST)

I wrote:
 > I think using a file-like object is sufficient.  I haven't looked at=

 > the implementation in it's current form, but we should be able to
 > view a stream of unicode text as a file with read() and readline()
 > methods that do the right thing.

Lars Marius Garshol responds:
 > This is how I interpret the current version of Marc-Andr=E9 Lemburg'=
 > proposal as well, and so this is what the InputSource object does. I=
 > does maintain a distinction, though.

Lars,
  This is good enough for me.  As long as I can take something
sufficiently file-like and parse it, I don't really care if I have to
wrap it in an InputSource.  The biggest issue is determining just how
file-like something has to be.  ;)  Is read() sufficient?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.=09  <fdrake at acm.org>