[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 names

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
02 Mar 2000 15:09:50 -0600

Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no> writes:

> * Ken MacLeod
> | Can someone step back a second and refresh me (us) on where the name
> | tuples will be used?
> |

> [Lars describes that name tuples will replace seperate namespaceURI
> and localname attributes in SAX parameters and DOM nodes.]

Ah, got it.  In that case, I don't see a need for a three-part tuple
or a tuple-in-a-tuple containing the rawname/prefix as long as that
info itself is contained in a seperate parameter or attribute.  I.e.
the rawname/prefix is available for applications that need it, but it
doesn't clutter the real namespace and name.

  -- Ken