[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 names

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
01 Mar 2000 12:28:17 -0600

Can someone step back a second and refresh me (us) on where the name
tuples will be used?

 * SAX2 defines URI, localname, and rawname as parameters for elements.
 * SAX2 `Attributes' class has seperate attributes for them.
 * DOM has seperate attributes in Element and Attr (Node, actually).
 * My proposal for merging DOM and SAX has them as seperate attributes
   on elements and attributes.

The only place I see the need for a tuple is as an index into an
`Attr' dictionary (as a shortcut for DOM's Attr accessors).  Once
you've delved into the `Attr' dictionary, the attribute itself already
includes the rawname/prefix.

Since the prefix/rawname is available in the Attr, I see no need at
all to include the prefix in the tuple that is used in the dictionary
shortcut for accessing attributes.

Where am I missing something?

The biggest thing I see is the disconnect between SAX2's `rawname' and
DOM's `prefix'.

  -- Ken