[XML-SIG] XML code that creates cyclic garbage

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:56:49 -0400

On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 11:37:28AM -0400, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
>garbage collection scheme can not collect.  Can someone point me at
>some example code that has this property?  I'd like to test the
>garbage collector that is in Python 2.0.

I believe 4DOM uses cyclical references, and requires that you always
call a .releaseNode() method to break the cycles.  So, you could just
try running 4DOM and never calling .releaseNode(); with the GC, it
shouldn't leak.  The old PyDOM code tried to avoid creating cycles, so
it wouldn't make any garbage to be collected (modulo bugs).

--amk