[XML-SIG] Pyxie

Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:27:51 -0400

On Thu, Jun 29, 2000 at 09:20:11AM -0700, Paul Prescod wrote:
>But Fredrick has shown that you can do pull parsing without a separate
>executable so I don't really see the benefit in pyx anymore. If you want
>a simplified XML interchange format, you might as well use canonical
>XML.

A line-oriented format like PYX, however, is also better suited to
existing line-oriented tools such as grep, and it's much easier to
deal with a line-at-a-time format.  For example, I have some
unfinished and unreleased Emacs Lisp code that tries to build a data
structure for an XML document by running xmln on a buffer, and then
parsing the resulting PYX output.

--amk