[XML-SIG] XML in Python 1.6 (PROPOSAL)

Walter Underwood wunder@ultraseek.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 09:58:40 -0700

--On Thursday, June 29, 2000 11:50 AM -0400 "Fred L. Drake, Jr."
<fdrake@beopen.com> wrote:
>  1.  Create a new package in the standard library, with the following
>      structure:

Looks good. We're using 1.6 for the next rev of our search engine,
and pulling Expat officially into Python would be really nice.
We'll pound on the Unicode/XML support on NT, Linux/intel,
Solaris/SPARC,
and HP-UX.

>            parsers/
>                expat           # Python Expat wrapper with namespace
>                                # support

How about "parser", since we don't say "doms".

>  2.  Deal with PyXML -- two options:
>      a.  Rename the base package to something else, "pyxml",
>          "xmlextras", ???.

"xmlextra".

wunder
--