[XML-SIG] Contents of xmlcore?

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:13:16 -0600

> "Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:

> >   Based on the recent mess regarding the DOM API, I'm not inclined to
> > include a DOM-like API until we have a specification for the Python
> > DOM API.  I won't have time to write one before 1.6 is done.  ;(
>
> Argh. We have four such specifications:
>
> 	* 4dom
> 	* pydom
> 	* minidom
> 	* http://www.python.org/doc/howto/xml/node14.html
>
> Nothing has changed for MONTHS. I'm somewhat dismayed that the XML stuff
> is being held to a much higher status than anything else. In what other
> area would an API remain the same for months, fend off an attack from
> one of the leading gurus in the Python world and then be refused entry
> because it is not written up in a more formal document than a howto?
>
> Okay, fine.
>
> Here's the Python DOM 1 mapping:

[snip]

Blimey, Paul.  I thought you had a doctor's appointment today.  Did you ditch
to write the binding?

It's a decent start, and I'll try to merge the few paras I had (mostly cobble
together after reading the Javastuff) and make any comments.  We might have a
formal document yet.

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +01 303 583 9900 x 101