[XML-SIG] Ugh! Why are DOM access methods spelled with a leading '_'?

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:45:52 -0600

Paul Prescod:

> I think we have to agree to disagree here. If the FourThought guys are
> up to it, we can drop the leading underscore from the method versions.

I personally don't have a tremendous problem with this, though it could become
a bit of a pain if we ever tried to use our CORBA/4DOM code with DOM Level 2,
or to initate another project using CORBA/4DOM (never fear: it's no longer in
the core, but an add-on layer).  Dieter Maurer seems to have similar concerns.
 I'm wary about making all the changes until we've all had some time to do
some Tai Chi and decide whether that is indeed the Dao.

> Alternately, in Python 1.7, we could
> get first-class computed attribute support into Python and agree to use
> that.

I remember when you first brought up CAs.  My response was "huh?".  No longer
I assure you.  Where do I sign the petition for these buggers?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +01 303 583 9900 x 101