[XML-SIG] Re: [DO-SIG] Python language bidning January 2000 Draft

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:41:12 -0700

Dieter Maurer wrote:

> All arguments, we give here for use of attributes or
> accessor function without leading '_', hold also for
> other IDL mappings.

The killer argument for us is that we have no need for CORBA in this
application. If we needed CORBA interoperability then of course we need
to follow the letter of the IDL. Right now, there is no concrete benefit
in doing so!

I would really like to see Python have a built-in solution for computed
attributes and I would like to see some future version of the CORBA
mapping use that solution. In the meantime, the CORBA folks have
different priorities than we do and trying to force either group to
compromise would not buy anything.

The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made the modern world possible.
	- The Advent of the Algorithm (pending), by David Berlinski