[XML-SIG] Interested in feedback

Benjamin Saller case@appliedtheory.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:49:32 -0400 (EDT)

Today, Robin Becker wrote:

    In article <Pine.LNX.4.21.0006262312300.25151-200000@loki.appliedtheory.com>, Benjamin Saller
    <case@appliedtheory.com> writes

    >I am not really sure how to prefix this. I have something that is while
    >not general purpose does seem simple to use in the 80% case. If people
    >disagree, or can think of things that might make this better I would like
    >some feedback.
    I like this a lot. I changed the parse method to

       def parse(self, fn):
            if type(fn) is StringType:
                self._parser.parseFile(open(fn))
            else:
                self._parser.parseFile(fn)
            return self._handler.object()

I think this is a good change. I will add that.

    and added this to the bottom to make the module self testing. I
    would prefer it if the name were all lower case as that makes life
    slightly more robust with win32.

The filenames or the class names? I thought the BiCap scheme was common
for C++ which is common for win32?

As for the testing I didn't release it, but I have a PyUnit testsuite that
goes along with it. The base functionallity is all covered by tests. I
have made some incremental improvements over the posted version, which are
checked into cvs at: (as part of a larger project)

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/xmlConfig/?cvsroot=PASS

--
Benjamin Saller                                     <case@appliedtheory.com>
Technical Strategist                                AppliedTheory