[XML-SIG] SAX Support

Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:11:00 -0400

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 10:24:53AM -0700, Paul Prescod wrote:
>Most of this is just packaging of code we already have. I plan to get
>what I can from Lars, the xml-sig distribution and elsewhere and
>integrate it tomorrow. I'd like to try for a checkin on Wednesday or
>Thursday. Does that plan make sense? Does this SAX subset make sense?

I've been meaning to post about the 1.6 strategy.  The plan is to
create a package for XML-related code in the core distribution;
"xmlcore" was suggested and seems a reasonable choice.  The XML-SIG
distribution, once it becomes inextricably tied to 1.6, can then just
assume xmlcore is there and import any bits from xmlcore that are
needed.

The SAX2 plans look good.  What else goes into xmlcore?  pulldom?

(The mailing list problems stem from dinsdale.python.org being
overloaded for some reason; I don't know why, but that's Barry's
problem.  Mail does go through, just very slowly; I made a bunch of
checkins last night, and didn't receive any of the python-checkins
messages until this morning.)

--amk