[XML-SIG] The '_' thingy

Mike Olson Mike.Olson@fourthought.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 11:07:06 -0600

So, I think I see this as a general concensius:

1.  DOM will never (in forseeable future) be used over an ORB, so the
IDL should be used as a guide.  We should focus more on useability then
CORBA compliance.

2.  Most people will access the DOM via attributes.

3.  We need a DOM language mapping document.

4.  Computed attribute callback function names should be left up to the
implementator (or do we want to define this).  If we do define this,
then they should be private, and start with an '_' or two.

If all are good with this, then we should start down this path.  A
langauge mapping is something we can put into the next release of 4DOM
(something we've been meaning to do any ways).  The rest of the cahnges
are actually in place (unless we define a different callback naming
convention).  We will be slowly depricating _get_* soon as well.
However we will still need __setattr__ callbacks in some cases....

Mike

--
Mike Olson				 Principal Consultant
mike.olson@fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 102