[XML-SIG] Re: [DO-SIG] Python language bidning January 2000 Draft

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 13:49:47 -0400

Mike Olson wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >

> > Of course, another solution would be to ignore the fact that
> > DOM is specifed in IDL and provide a CORBA-independent DOM API.
>
>   Why not just discourage the use of the accessor and mutator functions
> for the python mapping and say that attribute access should be done
> through the attribute.

Then you advocate abandoning the CORBA IDL mapping for Python.
The Python mapping does *not* provide for using IDL attributes
as Python attributes. In fact, some folks in the DO-SIG seem to
feel strongly that doing so would be a really bad idea.

> Lets leave it up to implementors to determine
> how they want to spell the functions.  After all, these functions really
> are "private".

No, they aren't private, or at least, they aren't private if you
follow the IDL mapping.

Jim

repeats.