[XML-SIG] Pulldom example

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:16:10 -0600

> We need feedback on pulldom as soon as possible. Please don't hesitate
> to tell me you don't like it. Just do keep in mind that it is intended
> as a simple, convenient replacement for xmllib, not for something
> sophisticated like XSLT nor ultra-efficient like SAX.
>
> Please take a look at the example code and give an opinion....negative
> ones are fine. If you think SAX or xmllib is easier or otherwise better,
> you should say so now...

It seems rather tedious to me, but then again, I think I'm biased.  As 4XSLT
has matured and improved performance, and as we've improved support for
extensions, I've found fewer and fewer tasks to be done otherwise.  But as a
consultant, my usage patterns tend to change sharply from time to time, so I
imagine XSLT might someday soon just get in my way, and pulldom might be
attractive (plain SAX/SAX2 is rather annoying because it is a pain to
genericize).

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +01 303 583 9900 x 101