[XML-SIG] Pulldom example

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:01:46 -0500

Ken MacLeod wrote:

> If I read right in another article, pulldom is based on SAX (possibly
> the pull-parser modified version of SAX -- not relevant to my question
> tho):  is pulldom just a SAX handler or is it something else?

Pulldom is a SAX handler but it depends on an incremental parser which
is, strictly speaking, an extension to SAX. The client does not see
Pulldom as either a SAX parser or filter. It isn't a SAX parser because
you don't have to register a handler or anything.

I think you Perl guys have always used pull-parsers, probably for much
the same reason's that I decided to do pulldom.

I've put up preliminary info and code here:

http://www.prescod.net/python/pulldom.html

There is no rocket science involved in either the API nor the
implementation.

Out of timber so crooked as that which man is made nothing entirely
straight can be built. - Immanuel Kant