[XML-SIG] Python XML docs / questions

Greg Wilson gvwilson@nevex.com
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:21:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, everyone. I'm playing with the Python SAX library, and have a couple
of questions.  I'd be happy to turn their answers into contributions to
the docs, if you think that it's worth adding to the SAX-1 docs at this
point.  (Alternatively, I'd be happy to help with SAX-2 docs if that would
be more useful.)

First, is there a standard 'EntityResolver' in the library that will
handle or define all of the basics HTML entities, such as < and
(or is there an example of how to create such a beast)?

Second, is there a way to access the current document location (line and
column number) from within the handler, for tracing/debugging purposes?
The home page for SAX talks about a 'Locator' interface, but I can't find
hooks for this in the Python version.

Thanks very much,
Greg