[XML-SIG] No parents in cloned node?

Brad Chapman Brad Chapman <chapmanb@arches.uga.edu>
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:57:42 -0400

Hi Adam;

> Please let me know if this is the wrong list for this.

Nope, this is the right list!

> So you clone a node, it has no parent.  That makes sense.  But the
cloned
> node's children also have no parents.  Is there a reason for this?

[....snip... problems with DOM...]

    From your example, it looks like you are using the DOM that comes
with the pyXML XML-SIG package, right? This is probably actually the
biggest problem -- that is official deprecated (I don't believe anyone
is maintaining it any longer) and the 4Suite DOM
(http://fourthought.com/4Suite/4DOM/) is becoming the new DOM that
will be included in the XML-SIG package. Things are in a transition
state right now, so it is kind of a mess. The most recent 4DOMs do
have the xml/dom namespace, so you'll need to install the XML-SIG
package, and then rm -rf the dom directory from this (the dom you've
been using) then install 4DOM (4DOM also has rpms without xml/dom on
their site to make it easier, I believe).
    4DOM is a very nice DOM implementation and is actively being
developed. The developers are also very responsive to bug reports and
questions. I think it would be very worthwhile to try this out -- you
might find it'll work better for you.

Brad