[XML-SIG] Re: XPath in Python 2

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 21:43:31 -0500

Stuart Hungerford wrote:

> xml-sig-request@python.org wrote:
>
>      I can see it as a much easier alternative to using pure XSLT except it's
>     all based on Perl.   Could something similar be done for the Python
>     community?  Maybe it could be based on 4XSLT?

Yes, that would be relatively easy. I think 4XSLT is specifically
designed to allow that sort of usage. My "EventDOM" is a similar concept
but it has the benefit of allowing you to state which parts of the tree
should be fully expanded instead of presuming you want the whole thing.
That's temporarily on hold while we get Python 2 worked out. Little by
little the pieces are need are migrating into Python 1.6 so it becomes a
trivial "glue" job to implement the API itself.

"Computer Associates is expected to come in with better than expected
earnings." Bob O'Brien, quoted in
	- http://www.fool.com/news/2000/foth000316.htm