[XML-SIG] jumping the gun (was: SAX Namespaces)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 15:37:23 -0700

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 04:42:13PM -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:
> "Fred L. Drake, Jr." wrote:
> >   Should I persue that possibility, or am I missing something really
> > substantial somewhere?  (Probably several things, but... related to
> > this?)
>
> No, if you have time to work on it and can work out an API and
> implementation that performs roughly comparably to built-in Python data
> structures, I would buy it. But we're a little short of time!

This is totally jumping the gun. "roughly comparably to built-in Python data
structures."

Does that tell you something?

... just use the Python data structures!

Why are we getting complicated here? The parser and SAX should just return
some simple Python data structs. If an app wants an AttributeList, then let
it build one.

Now... if you're suggesting building this little utility as a separate and
disjoint project, then okay. But that is exactly that: separate. It doesn't
apply to the discussion of what type is used in the event handler callback.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/