[XML-SIG] SAX Namespaces

04 Jul 2000 17:12:56 +0200

* Paul Prescod

| [qname information]
|
| In what sense does SAX not require it?

In the sense that this is what the Java SAX documentation (which I
have so far followed) states that it is not required. See the table in
section 1.3 of the document below.

Then combine that with this statement.

  All XML readers are required to recognize the
  "http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces" and the
  "http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes" features (see
  below), and to support a true value for the namespaces property and
  a false value for the namespace-prefixes property

| Do you think that our main parser should pass in a None value for
| the rawname parameter?

No.  However, I don't see any way around that short of modifying the
expat core code.  Does anyone else see any solutions for that?

--Lars M.