[XML-SIG] help installing PyXML on Linux

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 18:38:45 -0700

On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 03:25:53PM -0400, Chris Curvey wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm trying to install the xml modules for Python, and I'm running into
> some issues. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> After unpacking the source stuff, I run
>
> make -f Makefile.pre.in Makefile VERSION=1.5 installdir=/usr/local from
> the "extensions" directory.  (This seems to work OK)
>
> Then I run "make" which compiles the modules.  Fine.
>
> Then I run "make install" and get  "no rule to make the target
> install".  Hmm.
>
> System stuff:  running Red Hat 6.1, Python 1.5.2 and XML library 0.5.4

Hey Chris! Small world, eh? :-)

The link on www.python.org/topics/xml/download.html is out of date. Please
grab the latest distribution at:

    http://www.python.org/sigx/xml-sig/files/PyXML-0.5.5.1.tar.gz

The README has directions for building and installing. I'm trying it right
now as we speak...  (also on RH 6.1, Py 1.5.2)

It worked fine for me. (the "install" step should be done as root, but the
build can be anybody)

Cheers,
-g

--