[XML-SIG] Minidom proposal

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:30:13 -0800

> To clarify, this dictionary follows the earlier proposal that
> attributes are keyed by (namespaceURI, localName) tuples, correct?

Good question. I think that for simplicity we should index attributes
both with tuples AND with a simple tagname. I don't want to mess up
node["href"] just to support the much less common
node[("http://www.w3.org/TR/xlink","href")].

This is especially the case since attributes do not "namespace default."
So namespaced attributes will actually be relatively rare.

>   -- Ken
>
> P.S. I wish Perl could do that gracefully.  :-/

You'd better get used to saying that. <0.9 wink>

"The calculus and the rich body of mathematical analysis to which it
gave rise made modern science possible, but it was the algorithm that
made possible the modern world."
        - from "Advent of the Algorithm" David Berlinski
	http://www.opengroup.com/mabooks/015/0151003386.shtml