[XML-SIG] Python>=1.6 SIMPLE encoding support patch for pyexpat

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 19:21:40 -0700

> > Please find patch to support python encodings by pyexpat.
> > Is it possible to include it in next release of PyXML?
>
> Dear Evgeni,
>
> I always wanted to have that feature in pyexpat, so I'm glad you wrote
> the code. I've applied it to the CVS tree, so it will appear in the
> next release.
>
> Thanks for contributing,
> Martin

Seconded.  Now folks can process XML with all the great unicode codecs folks
have been contributing without needing to go through Python to convert to
Unicode first.

Much appreciated.