[XML-SIG] Oddities

Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:06:13 +0100

> I think the default should be to install docs.  They are an
> important part of the package.

That poses an interesting problem for distutils. Karl Eichwalder from
SuSE requested that the PyXML RPM should use the %doc directive for
declaring documentation files. That is easy enough to do; rpm will
then, on installation, chose a location for these files (typically
/usr/doc or /usr/share/doc). *That*, AFAIK, is the official way.

Now, if I also install them, then bdist_rpm will include them twice,
and the will also get installed twice. That is undesirable.

Regards,
Martin