[XML-SIG] 4DOM and DTD

Alexandre Fayolle Alexandre.Fayolle@logilab.fr
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:30:25 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > I was wondering if there's a way to get a reference to the DTD
> > object once an XML document has been read using the the validating
> > reader stub in 4DOM
>
> I believe that is not possible: The 4DOM readers use only SAX1
> parsers, and the only reader that reports DeclHandler and
> LexicalHandler events is the SAX2 xmlproc driver.

I'm a bit surprised, but Uche did not comment on this, so you must be
right. Just being curious, what does the xml.dom.ext.reader.Sax2 provide
then? I really thought that  specifying validate=1 in FromXml made it use
xmlproc.

Alexandre Fayolle
--
http://www.logilab.com
Narval is the first software agent available as free software (GPL).