[XML-SIG] Adding scripts

20 Dec 2000 20:27:45 +0100

* A. M. Kuchling

| What do people think about adding some useful scripts to PyXML that
| get installed in /usr/local/bin or somewhere like that?

I like the idea.

| Possibilities would be (names off the top of my head):
|
| xmlproc_val  : Validate files using xmlproc

xvcmd.py in the xmlproc distribution does this and could be used.

The xmlproc distribution contains more scripts that might fall into
this category:

 wxValidator.py	        : wxPython-based parser interface
 xpcmd.py               : non-validating cousin of xpcmd.py
 dtdcmd.py              : parse and check DTDs
 dtd2schema.py          : naive DTD to XML Schema converter

I've also been thinking about tools like:

 - something that normalizes XML documents
 - something that makes XML documents standalone
 - a DTD normalizer (this exists, but is not in the xmlproc distro yet)

--Lars M.