[XML-SIG] PyXPath 1.1

Ken MacLeod ken@bitsko.slc.ut.us
15 Dec 2000 11:49:34 -0600

Mike Olson <Mike.Olson@fourthought.com> writes:

> uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com wrote:
>
> > Maybe it's worth designing a plug-in API for XPath implementations
> > so people can make their choices.
>
> This wouldn't be that difficult.  A simple interface to get a list
> of tokens(and the matched string) from the scanner would suffice.
> We will need some logic to turn this list into YY unions for Bison,
> but that is pretty simple as well.

At the plug-in API level, I'd be interested in something more at the
"location path" level, possibly an array of steps, each step with
axis, node test, and list of predicates.

This would involve defining a common, sharable data model for these,
but I think it would be more useful overall than a raw token list.

  -- Ken