[XML-SIG] [Bug #125424] Node.replaceChild broken in minidom

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:51:03 -0800

Bug #125424, was updated on 2000-Dec-11 17:51
Here is a current snapshot of the bug.

Project: Python/XML
Category: None

Details:
In xml.dom.minidom, Node.replaceChild doesn't replace any children.  The definition from the source is:

    def replaceChild(self, newChild, oldChild):
        index = self.childNodes.index(oldChild)
        self.childNodes[index] = oldChild

Is there a good reason why it's not the following?

    def replaceChild(self, newChild, oldChild):
        index = self.childNodes.index(oldChild)
        self.childNodes[index] = newChild

Sorry if this is a repeat report or addresses a design
decision for the "mini" of minidom.  Sorry also that
I'm clueless about the Unix-style patch system -- this
is as close as I come to submitting a fix. :-)

-- Kevin Russell
krussll@cc.umanitoba.ca

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=125424&group_id=6473