[XML-SIG] Specializing DOM exceptions

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:08:08 -0700

> > Well, this would interfere pretty badly with 4DOM.  There is an
> > xml.dom.Node.py file in 4DOM and having a Node class in the __init__
> > would cause problems with the import.
>
> What exactly would those problems be?

I guess I'm wrong about this.  I just tried adding

class Node:
    pass

To Ft/Dom/__init__.py and expected everything to break, but all was well.  It
seems that at least Python 2.0 is clever when the same import can be made as a
package and an object.  Is this also the casde with Python 1.5.2?

Given this, I guess it does make sense to move a base Node class to the
__init__.py