[XML-SIG] Reader architecture and 4DOM

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:08:55 -0700

See

https://sourceforge.net/bugs/?func=detailbug&group_id=6473&bug_id=124382

I've taken care of most of this, but there is one remaining dependence on
Ft.Lib in 4DOM.  All the readers inherit from Ft.Lib.ReaderBase.  The problem
is that the same readerbase is used for the Domlettes in Ft.Lib.  It seems the
only ways to eliminate the dependency are:

1) Move ReaderBase to xml.dom.ext.  Probably easiest, but I think it's
logically incorrect.  The reader architecture is more general than just 4DOM.

2) Hack the distribution code to maintain copies of the reader base between
Ft.Lib and xml.dom.ext.  This would be more work, and likely error-prone.

Any ideas?