[XML-SIG] Dissabling DTDs or arranging the Attribute order

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@home.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 20:27:01 -0500

Reza Naima wrote -

> The other work-around is to get rid of attribute2 and attribute3.  This
> workes, but it seems as PyXML looks at the DTD spec, notices that they
> are missing, and fills them in.  So, I'de like to find a way to get
> PyXML to ignore the DTD.

If you can change the DTD, you could make these attributes #IMPLIED without
any default values.  Then the parser shouldn;t be adding them.

Martin's solution of sorting would only work if your "broken" 3rd party
software want to see alphabetical order.  Fundamentally, xml attributes are
never guaranteed to be in any particular order - basically, they are a set,
not a list.

Cheers,

Tom P