[XML-SIG] PyXML-0.6.2 install

Mon, 4 Dec 2000 09:34:32 +0100

> My name is John Taylor and I'm learning Python/XML via Sean McGrath's truly
> great book. I just got permission to install Python on one of our Solaris
> boxes, and ....

How exactly did you install Python? What compiler did you use, what
configure options did you give, did you tell it to compile all C
modules as *shared* libraries? I recommend not to do the latter.

> ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file python: symbol fseeko:
> referenced symbol not found

That appears to be problem with the Python installation; apparently
importing distutils.util.byte_compile (or running it) results in an
import of an external module which cannot be loaded. It then somehow
still manages to generate the pyc file (although that may be
corrupted), and goes to the next file.

In any case, you probably will have to fix the Python installation, as
whatever the problem is, it probably will re-occur in another context
(other than installing PyXML).

Regards,
Martin