[XML-SIG] Future direction of Expat development

Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:51:38 -0400

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 10:29:37AM -0400, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>  Paul Prescod, Clark Cooper, and myself, are in the process of
>setting up a new project at SourceForge to continue the development of
>Expat.  Clark is the maintainer of the Perl bindings to Expat.  He is

Great news!  Is James Clark no longer going to maintain Expat at all?

One feature I'd like to see: as suggested a while ago, a way is needed
to tell at run-time how the Expat library was compiled.  Once the CVS
tree is public, I'll take a look at adding that.  (Or maybe there
should simply be a way to compile "Fat Expat" that supports both
Unicode and UTF-8...)

--amk