[XML-SIG] XPath and namespaces

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 20:06:44 -0600

> What is the syntax to get a namespaced node using xpath.
>
> Eg.
>
> <some-node>
>    <xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="the right stuff here" />
> </somenode>
>
> With 4XPath, I tried "some-node/transform" and "some-node/xsl:transform" both
> returned an empty list.

"some-node/xsl:transform".  But if you're using 4XPath outside of 4XSLT,
you'll have to provide the prefix -> namespace mapping in the context, for
example

my_xpath_expr = xpath.Compile('some-node/xsl:transform')
ctx = xpath.Context.Context(doc, 1, 1, processorNss={'xsl':
'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'})
result_node_set = my_xpath_expr.evaluate(ctx)