[XML-SIG] XML-SCHEMA

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:22:13 -0500

Andy Heath wrote:

> Are you guys doing anything about XML Schema?
>
> I know the spec is not out there in any final'ish form
> yet but IMHO the whole world will go that way when it is.
>
> For my work I track IMS (amongst other standards) and within
> IMS many people use a tool called XML-Authority which
> runs on windows boxes.  To the best of my knowledge is the
> best/only tool available that will work with any XML-Schema.
>
> It is notable also that there is XML-Schema (xdr) support
> in IE5.
>

> I know this is chicken-and-egg but I'd really like to work
> with Python on linux rather than paying for a windows tool.

I'm not following you Andy.

XML Authority is a graphical DTD/schema authoring tool, not a
programming language. I don't think that XML schema support in
Python/XML would get you any closer to having a graphical authoring tool
that works on Linux.

Neo-liberals should try applying the same skepticism to the process of
granting and defining the state-conferred monopolies called intellectual
property rights that they do to the state-conferred regulatory
monopolies that affect certain kinds of banking business or the
electromagnetic spectrum.
	- http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/04/07/greenspan/index2.html