[XML-SIG] 4XPath under Win32

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:01:55 -0600

> I'm involved in a project where we need a working XPath python library and
> due to circumstances beyond our control we are tied to the Win32 platform.
> I've also been searching for other XPath implementations but 4XPath seems to
> be the safest bet to me. So, my question is: what's the ETA on a version of
> 4XPath that works under Win32?

Actually, Oliver Gathmann already contributed a Windows port for 4XPath.  I
just never put it on the FTP because I assumed most people would want 4XSLT as
well.  I went ahead and put up Oliver's binary at

ftp://ftp.fourthought.com/pub/4Suite/binaries/windows/4XPath-4_8_3-bin-win32.zi

I'd like to stress that we haven't tested this much in-house (we just ran a
basic test on it), and that if you have any support questions, please post
them to the 4Suite mailing list (4suite@fourthought.com), which Oliver read as
well as Fourthought staff, and the appropriate person might be able to help.

Note that we are working on a more permanent solution for 4XSLT and 4XPath on
Windows (it's not just the platform port: we are moving the packages to use
BisonGen, which can already generate Windows binaries).  The ETA on this is
still in April.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Senior Software Engineer
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 101