[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 and XML

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:32:22 -0400 (EDT)

Robin Becker writes:
 > I'm confused now. PyXML's xmllib doesn't do anything about ']'
 > characters in open text whereas the Python 1.5.2 xmllib does. I'm not
 > clever enough to know which one is correct, but I don't see that
 >
 > <dingo>text [stuff] more text</dingo>
 >
 > should pay special attention to [stuff] or am I out of date.

  Hmm.  It shouldn't as far as I can tell.  That must be a bug.  If
someone sends a patch for it, I don't see any reason not to integrate
it (we don't want bugs, regardless).
  The 1.5.2 xmllib understands namespaces, whereas PyXML's xmllib does
not.  I think the concensus is to drop xml.parsers.xmllib; if enough
people agree I can remove it (I've not yet seen anyone respond that
this is the right thing).  At any rate, it will not become a
replacement for the 1.5.2 xmllib.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>