[XML-SIG] SAX 2.0 alpha 1

17 Apr 2000 16:46:41 +0200

* Ken MacLeod

| In the "Open issues" list in the above URL:
| > Should the EntityResolver return an InputSource or a string?
|
| An InputSource, unless it can return either.  The entity to be
| resolved may be on a stream or be several [MG]B's in size.

I guess I should have explained myself better there.  In SAX1 it
currently returns the sysid as a string, which is not what the Java
spec says (and not what makes the most sense either). So the
alternatives are an InputSource or the sysid as a string.

| Another reason for returning an InputSource is so that only a
| SystemId (or PublicId, I guess) can be returned and the parser (or
| default resolver?) can resolve the SystemId.

Definitely.  (It would be the parser, BTW, not the default resolver,
though the parser/driver would of course be free to use that to
implement the resolution.)

--Lars m.