[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 and XML

Uche Ogbuji uogbuji@fourthought.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:43:54 -0600

> * Juergen Hermann
> |
> | OK, that clears up the "how are they related" part a lot. Now say I
> | want to make 4DOM use Xerces-C++ (with appropriate wrappers around
> | it, of course), is that possible?
>
> One approach (in addition to the one suggested by Uche) would be to
> make a SAX2 driver for Xerces. Then it would suddenly be useable with
> PyDOM, 4DOM, EventDOM and anything else we might cook up, which would
> probably make a lot of people happy.

Oh, absolutely.  On re-reading I wasn't clear.  I definitely think the way to
go is to write a SAX or SAX2 driver, which can be dropped in throughout the
Python/XML tools.  This would trulky kick arse because then we'd have a beta
Schema implementation for Python.

> At some point I would like to make a SAX2 driver for the C++ SAX2
> mapping once that happens, and since Xerces would be extremely likely
> to get a C++ SAX2 driver, that would give us this anyway, but probably
> a bit into the future.

Great idea.  Let us know when you start working on it.  If we're done with
4DOM->XML-SIG by then we'll probably be able to help.

--
Uche Ogbuji                               Senior Software Engineer
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               (303)583-9900 x 101