[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 and XML

13 Apr 2000 18:16:38 +0200

* Juergen Hermann

| OK, that clears up the "how are they related" part a lot. Now say I
| want to make 4DOM use Xerces-C++ (with appropriate wrappers around
| it, of course), is that possible?

One approach (in addition to the one suggested by Uche) would be to
make a SAX2 driver for Xerces. Then it would suddenly be useable with
PyDOM, 4DOM, EventDOM and anything else we might cook up, which would
probably make a lot of people happy.

At some point I would like to make a SAX2 driver for the C++ SAX2
mapping once that happens, and since Xerces would be extremely likely
to get a C++ SAX2 driver, that would give us this anyway, but probably
a bit into the future.

--Lars M.