[XML-SIG] Python 1.6 and XML

Juergen Hermann Juergen Hermann" <jhe@webde-ag.de
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 11:37:39 +0100

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:38:52 -0500, Paul Prescod wrote:

>I think we all agree that "import pyexpat" is only marginally better
>than "import xmllib" in terms of portability and longevity.

Another question on that topic: How does all of this affect the integrat=
ion of
"foreign" parsers into the default XML library / interface of Python. I'=
constantly confused about xmllib vs. 4DOM vs. pyexpat etc., what's stand=
ard, how
are they related...

The matter at hand for me is that I need to integrate Xerces into Python=
 sooner
or later, preferably in a way that survives the 1.6 release. Or has some=
one
already done that?

Ciao, J=FCrgen

--
J=FCrgen Hermann (jhe@webde-ag.de)
WEB.DE AG, Amalienbadstr.41, D-76227 Karlsruhe