[XML-SIG] The Zen of DOM

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

Robin Becker writes:
 > I assume that the events are ordered even though they may be
 > asynchronous; how are errors reported in this model ie as soon as
 > possible or are the error events also randomly delayed?

Robin,
  The events are ordered, including errors.  The (potential)
asynchrony comes in that the engine doesn't need to know or care that
that handling of the event is complete before proceeding.  For all it
cares, each event could be run in a separate thread, allowing event
handling to overlap.  This is all an issue for the handler.
(Normally, there's just one thread involved in parsing & handling, so
there's nothing to worry about.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>