[XML-SIG] xmllib compatibility

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:51:00 -0400 (EDT)

Andy Robinson writes:
 > Does this mean sax and pyexpat are going into the standad Python
 > distribution?

  pyexpat has already been checked into the CVS tree (but not expat
iteself).  I think the specific "shape" of things to come hasn't yet
been completely hashed out, but essentially we're going to "do the
right thing."

 > Is there anything written down yet about how XML stuff will be packaged in
 > 1.6, without having to read the entire SIG archive?  There is nothing listed
 > on the main web site under 'proposed changes', nor on the SIG page.  I have
 > a recent Python CVS tree, but cannot find any xml-related modules apart from

  Andrew K., can you write up a summary on the XML-SIG page so that
Guido can link to it from the 1.6 summary?

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>