[XML-SIG] Scriptics Connect

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:10:54 +0200

Guido van Rossum <guido@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:
> Scriptics (John Ousterhout's Tcl/Tk company) has launched an XML
> offensive called Scriptics Connect.
>
> See http://www.scriptics.com/products/connect/
>
> Has anyone seen this in action?  What should be our response?  Python
> used to be #1 in the XML scripting world -- lately, I don't see that
> much activity... :-(

from the original press release (when it was called
BizConnect):

    A single user development version of BizConnect is
    available for $5,000, with a group development version
    available for $12,500. Deployment licenses start at
    $50,000 for computer systems with up to 4 processors.

guess you could start selling XML-SIG distributions via
the consortium? (buy one, and get a full membership
for free! ;-)

</F>