[XML-SIG] New demo added to CVS

Fred L. Drake, Jr. Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

  I've added a new directory, demo/genxml/, to the CVS repository.
The demo shows how to generate XML from a non-XML source using DOM,
SAX, and <file>.write().
  A while ago someone asked about this and I promised I'd write
something similar to a Java example that I'd seen, so here it is.  ;-)
  One issue: when using xml.sax.saxutils.Canonizer, the newlines that
I pass in through <canonizer>.ignorableWhitespace() are written out as
&#10; rather than actual newlines; is that right?  I'd like to be able
to generate "normal" line terminations.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>