[XML-SIG] Win32 0.5.2: No parsers found

gtk gtk@well.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:15:44 +1000

> The first thing to note here is that this demo seems to be hard-wired
> to use Expat. Try doing this:
>
> from xml.sax.drivers import drv_pyexpat

    >>> from xml.sax.drivers import drv_pyexpat
    Traceback (innermost last):
      File "C:\Program Files\Python\xml\sax\drivers\drv_pyexpat.py", line
22, in ?
        from xml.parsers import pyexpat
    ImportError: cannot import name pyexpat

pyexpat.dll is in the DLLs directory, but there's no xml\parsers\pyexpat.py

> from xml.sax import saxexts
> print saxexts.make_parser().get_parser_name()

    >>> from xml.sax import saxexts
    >>> print saxexts.make_parser().get_parser_name()
    xmlproc

> The PYTHONPATH and the Python registry settings are what matters, not
> the PATH variable.

I tried adding Python\PythonCore\1.5\Modules\pyexpat with a default value of
C:\Program Files\Python\DLLs\pyexpat.dll, but that didn't help.

My current guess is that the distribution is missing a key file or two. I
started with an empty system here -- just installed py152.exe,
win32all-125.exe, and PythonXML.exe.

Regards,
Garth.