[XML-SIG] Win32 0.5.2: No parsers found

gtk gtk@well.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 10:49:27 +1000

I've run the PythonXML.exe Christian Tismer recommended, and it installed
quite cleanly. Lots of fun to see versioncheck.py get confused, too. The DOM
works just fine, but I've belatedly realised (perhaps it's time to pick up a
basic XML book) that to build an object heirachy from an XML document via
DOM would require me to more or less completely re-implement SAX. What a
drag! So, I've tried running some of the SAX demos. Unfortunately, I don't
appear to have any parsers installed:

C:\Program Files\Python\xml\demo\quotes>python qtfmt.py sample.xml
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "qtfmt.py", line 372, in ?
    p=saxexts.XMLParserFactory.make_parser("xml.sax.drivers.drv_pyexpat")
  File "C:\Program Files\Python\xml\sax\saxexts.py", line 65, in make_parser
    raise saxlib.SAXException("No parsers found",None)
xml.sax.saxlib.SAXException: No parsers found

Making sure that Python and Python\DLLs is on my PATH doesn't appear to
help.