[XML-SIG] New 4DOM to meet unofficial Python binding

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:30:12 -0700

We have updated the core of 4DOM to meet the unofficial Python/DOM binding as
we've been discussing.  That means that the following conventions are followed:

cn = n.childNodes
cn = n._get_childNodes
n.nodeValue = 'Value'
n._set_nodeValue('Value')

Note that NodeLists and NamedNodeMaps are still pythonic, i.e. they support
all the list and dictionary interface.

DOM level 1 and 2 core and traversal are supported.

The HTML code has not been updated to the new binding, and so it will not
work.  Also the SAX2 driver is not yet updated.  We hope to have a full beta
available soon.

Note that 4XPath and 4XSLT have not yet been updated, so be careful where you
install the 4DOM alpha if you use those packages.

We would appreciate comments from those who have participated in the DOM
binding discussion, and, of course, from anyone who is interested in DOM in
Python.

Please download it from

ftp://FourThought.com/pub/4Suite/4DOM

The files are 4DOM-0.9.0a1.tar.gz and 4DOM-0_9_0a1.zip

Note that there is no longer a make process necessary.  Just unpack it to a
spot in your PYTHONPATH.  This also means that the difficulties on different
platforms are a thing of the past.  However, you still need the 4Suite-base
package version 0.6.1 at

ftp://FourThought.com/pub/4Suite

--
Uche Ogbuji